What is it?
Applications are currently being accepted for projects that benefit children and young people (aged 18 and under) who are experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Poverty or situations of deprivation.
Who can apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply for a grant:
- Registered charities
- Voluntary organisations
- Community interest groups.
What is available?
There are two grant programmes:
- Small grants of up to £10,000 (for projects of one year)
- Main grants of over £10,000 (for projects of up to three years).
Grants can be used for direct project costs including salaries, volunteer expenses, venue hire and travel costs. In some cases, costs such as administration, insurance and utilities are supported.
How do I apply?
You can apply online. Applications are accepted throughout the year, but there are a number of specific deadlines: 1st June, 1st September and 1st December 2016.
There is a wealth of application material on the Children in Need website to help you with your application, including Funding FAQs and case studies. Please read this information carefully before making an application.