They are looking to fund people-led projects that meet their new funding priorities. These are:
- Projects that bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- Improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- Enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
What is available?
Grants of over £10,000 are available through the Reaching Communities programme. Grants can be used to cover capital costs, project activities, small-scale refurbishment and equipment.
Am I eligible to apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- Voluntary and community organisations
- Statutory bodies, including town, parish and community councils
- Social enterprises
- Community interest companies.
How do I apply?
There is a two stage application process for Reaching Communities applications.
First of all, you need to provide a brief outline of what you want to do. This can be done by submitting an online form or email, speaking to an adviser or sending a video. Big Lottery Fund will contact you to ask for more detail about your idea. This information will then be presented to a Big Lottery Fund panel.
If your idea is accepted, you will then be invited to submit a full proposal. You will have support to do this; a funding officer will help you put your proposal together.
There are no deadline dates – applications can be made at any time.
More information can be found on the Big Lottery Fund website.