Open to applications this week is the Erasmus+ Programme. If you’re familiar with EU youth funding, you may remember the Youth in Action programme. Erasmus+ is its successor programme.
Funding is available for youth activities to improve the employability of young people in the UK, promote social inclusion and well-being among young people and foster improvements in youth work and youth policy.
The programme is open to a wide range of organisations and groups, including schools, depending on the Action.
There is a total budget of €1,736.4 million. The funding will be divided into the following areas:
Key Action 1: Mobility of individuals (available to both students and staff, including trainees, teachers and youth workers)
Key Action 2: Co-operation for innovation and exchange of good practice
Key Action 3: Support for policy reform
Jean Monnet activities
The deadlines for 2015 are:
- Mobility of individuals – 4th February, 30th April, 1st October
- Large-scale European Voluntary Service events – 3rd April
- Strategic partnerships – 4th February, 1st October
- Capacity building – 3rd April, 2nd September
- Meeting between young people and decision-makers – 4th February, 30th April, 1st October
There is a wealth of information on the Erasmus+ website, including the programme guide and deadlines factsheet.
Good luck to those applying.