New strategy launched by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation
The Paul Hamlyn Foundation has launched a new UK grants strategy. It is one of the UK’s largest independent grant-making foundations and has interests in the arts, education and social welfare. The new strategy will run from 2015 to 2021. Funding will increase by £5 million each year.
Funding will be focused in the following areas:
- Support for imaginative people to nurture exciting ideas
- Widened access and participation in the arts
- Improved education and learning through the arts
- Projects that show that arts make a difference to people’s lives
- Development and growth of organisations investing in young people and positive change
- Improve support for young people who migrate and strengthened integration so that communities can live well together.
The Foundation has a range of grant programmes suitable for a range of organisations, available to view on the Foundation website. With schools in mind, they include the Teacher Development Fund, designed to help teachers develop their skills to deliver art in school, which will open Autumn 2015.
We’ll keep you posted.