What is it?
The Awards recognise people who harness the internet to bring about positive social change.
Winners receive £5,000 to support their good work and the overall winner will receive £10,000.
How do I enter?
You can apply online. The closing date for entries is 24th July 2015.
There are 10 categories to choose from:
- Employment Digital Hero – for individuals using technology to support employment in the community
- Healthy Living Digital Hero – for individuals using technology to promote healthy living
- Silver Surfer Digital Hero – for older people using technology for social good
- Skills Digital Hero – for individuals who train others in digital skills
- Volunteer Digital Hero – for individuals using a technology solution to encourage others to volunteer
- Fundraising Digital Hero – for individuals who use technology to raise funds
- Training Digital Hero – for individuals using technology to deliver education or training
- Sustainability Digital Hero – for individuals using technology to improve the environment
- Internet Safety Digital Hero – for individuals promoting internet safety for children and young people
- There is also the Next Generation Digital Hero category – for young people with the potential to be a technology star of the future.
More information can be found on the TalkTalk Digital Heroes website.