Grants for musical instruments and more!
EMI Music Sound Foundation is an independent music education charity, established in 1997. It supports music-making activities for young people and schools.
What grants are available?
There are two awards:
- Instrument/Equipment Awards – schools, music teachers and individuals in full time education can apply directly to the Foundation for assistance with the purchase of musical instruments and equipment.
- Bursary Awards – students who attend the eight music colleges supported by EMI can apply for assistance with fees and living expenses. These applications are assessed by the schools themselves.
I’m a school – how do I apply?
You can apply for a grant of up to £2,000. You can use your grant to:
- Purchase musical instruments
- Purchase musical equipment
- Fund courses and training for music teachers who work in schools.
There is an application form to complete, which is available on the EMI Music Sound Foundation website.
There are two deadlines of year – one in February and one in September.